Bennetts Associates is looking for Part II architectural assistants to join our teams in London and Manchester. We are a friendly and well-established practice of architects and designers who are continually evolving and pushing ourselves to create sustainable and enduring architecture. The role as a Part II assistant will involve working on a variety of live projects in culture, workplace and education sectors, as well as on competition bids.
Responsibilities and Attributes:
• Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a team;
• Good communication and presentation skills;
• Good time management, planning and attention to detail;
• Ability to multitask while working under pressure;
• Ability and enthusiasm to think creatively and problem solve through design;
• Care and interest in the current climate emergency;
• Professional and positive ‘can-do’ attitude;
• Participation and presentation in meetings with clients/consultants/contractors etc.;
• Production of 2D technical drawings in CAD;
• Production of digital 3D models using Sketch Up and Revit;
• Creation of presentation renders and visuals;
• Good model-making and hand drawing abilities;
• Creation of graphics and artwork for diagrams
Required skills and experience:
• RIBA II (or equivalent) qualification;
• Exceptional design skills;
• Good working knowledge of CAD (Microstation and Revit preferred, but not a necessity);
• Proficiency in 3D digital and physical modelling;
• High level of competency with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Strong project management skills
How to apply:
1. Apply by email only
2. Attach your 1) CV, 2) cover letter and 3) sample portfolio as PDFs
3. Your cover letter should explain the reason for applying to work at Bennetts
Associates, and where you heard about the position
4. Email subject should read:
▪ Your name
▪ Part 2 application
▪ Which studio(s) (London and/or Manchester) that you wish to work in
5. Applications should be sent to email@example.com
6. Attachments should not exceed 10MB.
7. No postal applications and no online website links to online portfolios
8. Complete the diverse monitoring survey (more information below)
Bennetts Associates is an equal opportunities employer and we are keen to receive applications from a diverse range of candidates. Please note: after you have applied you will be sent a link to a short diversity monitoring survey. This is completely anonymous and will not influence your application, but we would request that all applicants complete it to support us in continual improvements to embedding EDI principles within our recruitment process.
Due to the expected high volume of applicants, we regret we will only be contacting shortlisted applicants.
Applicants should be able to start as soon as possible.
Remuneration is in line with RIBA scales.
Deadline for applications: June 23, 2021. We look forward to hearing from you!