5 Pancras Square
King's Cross Central, London
“5 Pancras Square is a fantastic new public services hub for Camden, as well as being one of the greenest public buildings in the UK.”
Cllr Theo Blackwell
Cabinet Member for Finance and Technology
Located on zone B of the masterplan, the 5 Pancras Square development responds to both the emerging context of King’s Cross Central and the historic environment of St Pancras Station and the surrounding conservation areas. It is an exemplar of an environmental building in an-inner city context.
The building achieves the highest standards of environmental sustainability for a major office development, using a combination of complementary passive and active design features to obtain very low carbon emissions. These include the use of low glazing ratios and an energy-efficient ventilation system. 5 Pancras Square achieved the highest BREEAM Outstanding score for a building of its type in the UK.
The new building enables the council to significantly improve its face-to-face customer service points in the King’s Cross area, and deliver new, improved public library and leisure facilities sat beneath ten floors of office accommodation. The scheme allows substantial efficiencies and operational cost savings.
Project booklet download.
- The London Borough of Camden
- Structural Engineer
- AKT II
- Services Engineer/Sustainability
- Leisure Facilities Architect
- LA Architects
- Bennetts Associates
- Quantity Surveyor
- Gardiner & Theobald
- BREEAM Awards – BREEAM Mixed Use and Other Buildings Award
- Civic Trust Awards – Commendation
- Construction News Awards – Sustainable Project of the Year
- LABC Building Excellence Awards – Best inclusive building, London region
- BCI Awards – Best Practice Award
- BCI Awards – Health and Safety Award
- RICS Awards – Winner, Commercial category
- The Guardian Sustainable Business Awards – Impact award, Built Environment category
- BREEAM Awards – BREEAM Outstanding
- Building Awards – Sustainability Project of the Year
- Prime Minister’s Better Public Building Awards – Winner
- RIBA Awards – RIBA London Regional Award
- RIBA Awards – RIBA London Sustainability Award